Hola Mijas y Mijos,
El Paso Giving Day is tomorrow! The Mijas are so close to reaching our goal of $1,500 for ‘Mija, Yes you can.’
The generous donations that have been made throughout Early Giving Week are giving us the extra boost we need to keep on pushing to make sure our first ever El Paso Giving Day is a success.
What is El Paso Giving Day?
El Paso Giving Day is an online charitable giving campaign designed to ignite the spirit of giving to support causes in the community where we live, work and play. Founded in 2016 by the Paso del Norte Community Foundation, El Paso Giving Day has raised nearly $4 million from thousands of donors for over 200 nonprofit organizations.
Why should you donate to ‘Mija, Yes you can’?
‘Mija, Yes you can’ alongside The Mija Project has been successful in partnering with other local non-profit organizations since our creation, but we are ready to begin the new and exciting projects we have planned for the women in our community.
Your donations will help us begin the process of providing scholarships for women of all ages, create workshops and conferences for students and business professionals, provide resources for women nationwide and it will help us continue supporting other local non-profit organizations through our Mija Pop-up events.
How else can we help The Mija’s raise more money?
So glad you asked! Do you like burritos? Cool! Cause today, Wednesday October 14th, is El Paso Burrito day and your burrito purchase from Chipotle can help us win more prizes! Here’s how:
- Access the Chipotle app or visit Chipotle.com to place your order.
- Choose “Pickup” and the location of the restaurant-8889 Gateway Blvd W Ste. 2510, El Paso, Texas 79925 at the Fountains of Farah.
- Customize your order with all your faves.
- At checkout, under “Enter a Promo Code” section, enter the promo code (YVN8EDA) and click “Apply”.
- Provide payment information and submit your order for pickup (NOT delivery)
All online orders must be placed during the scheduled fundraiser time- 4 p.m. to 8 p.m. on October 14, 2020 in order to be counted.
To enter ‘Mija, Yes you can’ into the running to win a special cash prize simply:
- Take a photo of your meal during our Chipotle fundraiser-4 p.m. to 8 p.m.
- Submit your photo within the comments of this post.
- Tag @epgivingday, tag a non-profit and use the #EPBurritoDay
The non-profit with the most mentions will win a special cash prize to help continue their services around El Paso.
Submit your photo within the comments of the official El Paso Burrito Day post which will be posted at 4pm MT on October 14, 2020, on El Paso Giving Day’s Facebook Page.